Ana Maria Franken - Associate
Ana Maria Franken focuses on litigation in matters of corporate and commercial law. She represents clients in all kinds of company-related litigation, including shareholder disputes, and disputes regarding commercial contracts such as distribution and agency. Ana Maria also conducts litigation regarding real estate (commercial lease and co-ownership of property).
Prior to being associate at Cresco, Ana Maria was associate in the corporate and commercial litigation department of Ambos NBGO (2012-2014) and associate in the litigation practice of the commercial, economic and financial department of GSJ Advocaten (2010-2012).
After obtaining her law degree (UA and University of Barcelona - Spain, 2009), she obtained a postgraduate degree in Economic Law (ULB, 2010).
ANA MARIA'S REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
- Representing a company summoned by a third party requesting a Belgian Court to order the completion of an uncompleted asset deal or, in the alternative, to order the company to pay an indemnity to the third party for wrongful termination of negotiations.
- Obtaining the forced dissolution of a private limited liability company with two shareholders for legitimate reasons and follow up of the consecutive decomposition of the company.
- Representing the board of directors of a privately-held company in an internal investigation into allegations that management improperly included certain contracts in its bookings.
- Assisting individual directors in avoiding liability claims for mismanagement or violation of by-laws, and representing directors in proceedings regarding liability claims, initiated both by private and institutional creditors (e.g. for VAT, tax pre-payments, social security contributions).
- Representing manufacturers of various kinds of goods regarding claims or proceedings started by unsatisfied clients.
- Assisting various companies in the consultancy industry regarding non-compete clauses included in service agreements, and negotiating settlement agreements.
- Assisting and representing a large Belgian real estate owner and property manager in various lease disputes.
- Obtaining the favorable settlement agreement on behalf of a franchisee with the franchisor, a Belgian textile distributor, after an acquisition of the franchisor by a foreign textile group.