Natalie Lemense - Partner
Natalie focuses on litigation in matters of corporate law, commercial law and insolvency.
She assists domestic and international clients with regards to disputes involving company-related matters (such as shareholder’s disputes, liability of management, pre-contractual liability, disputes arising out of share purchase agreement) and disputes relating to companies' operational activities (e.g. cooperation contracts, service agreements, distribution and agency, commercial lease, purchase and sale, cross-border debt recovery).
Natalie’s practice ranges from pre-litigation advise and settlement negotiations to representation before Belgian courts and arbitral tribunals.
Prior to being a partner at Cresco, Natalie was senior associate in the corporate and commercial litigation department of Ambos NBGO (2011-2014), associate in the litigation practice of Elegis (2009-2011) and the corporate litigation department of Loyens & Loeff (2004-2009).
After obtaining her law degree (UA and University of Salamanca - Spain, 2003), she obtained a postgraduate degree in European Law (ULB, 2004).
Natalie is a Legal 500 recommended lawyer for Dispute Resolution.
Natalie is a lecturer for Unizo International.
natalie's representative matters
- Representing a company summoned by a third party requesting a Belgian Court to order the completion of an uncompleted asset deal or, in the alternative, to order the company to pay an indemnity to the third party for wrongful termination of negotiations.
- Obtaining the forced dissolution of a private limited liability company with two shareholders for legitimate reasons and follow up of the consecutive decomposition of the company.
- Obtaining, in summary proceedings, the suspension of a decision of the general shareholder’s meeting excluding a shareholder from a limited partnership company active as insurance broker and consecutively negotiating a settlement regarding the exit of the shareholder.
- Obtaining the dismissal of a claim to have an interim manager appointed to resume the mission of the board of directors of a real estate special purpose vehicle.
- Obtaining the dismissal of a post-acquisition claim against the former shareholders of a company importing food from Asia for alleged accounting fraud.
- Assisting individual directors in avoiding liability claims for mismanagement or violation of by-laws, and representing directors in proceedings regarding liability claims, initiated both by private and institutional creditors (e.g. for VAT, tax pre-payments, social security contributions).
Assisted a start-up in refuting the claim of a competitor to cease and desist the start-ups’ activities in Belgium.
Representing a worldwide software provider regarding a complex liability claim submitted by a client.
Represented the Belgian division of a leading security and safety solutions company in successful settlement negotiations with an international specialist in digital security solutions.
Advised a large Belgian hotel group in its attempt to, under the provisions of the Belgian Act on the continuity of enterprises, acquire several assets of another hotel owner.
Assisting a large Belgian contractor in obtaining a settlement with a bank for lack of due diligence in the procedure to issue a bank guarantee to be submitted with the offer for a tender regarding a project in Northern Africa.
Representing manufacturers of various kinds of goods (animal stables, over wooden plates to large steel constructions) regarding claims or proceedings started by unsatisfied clients.
Representing a multinational owning a warehouse in Belgium regarding an indemnity claim for damage inflicted to the building put at the disposal of the contract partner.
Representing an international biotech company and its insurer in successful settlement negotiations against two suppliers and their insurers, obtaining a multi-million euro settlement to the benefit of our client as well as preserving the client’s commercial relationship with its suppliers.
Representing a lender in proceedings initiated by the guarantor of notarial loan agreements against the executory seizure of the shares of a holding owned by the guarantor.
Assisting various companies and consultants regarding non-compete clauses i in service agreements, and negotiating settlement agreements.
Assisting and representing a leading Belgian real estate owner and property manager on multiple disputes (incl. commercial lease).
Obtaining the condemnation of a bank to pay an indemnity to private investors for bad investment advice, and negotiating a favorable settlement.
Obtaining the favorable settlement agreement on behalf of a franchisee with the franchisor, a Belgian textile distributor, after an acquisition of the franchisor by a foreign textile group.