Master Class 6 – Venture Capital and Corporate Venture Capital
Startups and scaleups typically raise external equity funding from investors to grow their business to the next stage.
From day 1 such equity funding needs to be carefully thought through at the strategic, financial, business and governance level.
Raising equity funding from corporates (so-called CVC) adds another layer of complexity because of the strategic nature of such investment.
- Design and structuring of a capital raising strategy, from (pre)seed through different series of growth capital
- Design and structuring of a governance model tailored to the development and growth stage
- Need for balanced relationships with corporate investors, from a freedom to operate, fundraising and exit perspective
What will you learn:
- How to plan for and negotiate with various types of investors, from business angels to venture capital investors
- How to pro-actively plan your capital raising strategy, adequately balancing valuation with investor protection
- How to align founders/management and investors from a governance and exit perspective
- How to negotiate with a corporate investor
You can subscribe for the Master Class here.